Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2014

Helping people in Need


Hello everyone :)
So I was really busy today and I don't know why but something came back on my mind.
When I was in Croatia last year, I had the pleasure to meet some amazing people.

Basically it started like this:
My family and I were walking around the city that one night, when suddenly a group of kids started a flashmob dancing to Shakiras' - Waka Waka. They were all different ages, from 12-18 I think.

After the flashmob, they started a "Free hugs" and they were holding signs and hugging everyone.
Some boys came up to me and I started talking to them.
One of them told me he was from Italy and he was here for holidays in this organization that helps people in need.
He also said all the others were from all countries around the world.

I was so amazed by the fact that so many of these teenagers came to Croatia in their holidays to spend it with people in need.
I started talking to the woman who organized all of this.
She was the sweetest person I ever talked to.
She told me teenager from all around the world come to Croatia every year to help people.
And they do it in this special way.
Their goal is it to make people happy.

So the flash mob and the free hugs were the first step.
And I can say that I've never seen so many happy people walking around in the city.
She told me they were going to a Kindergarden on the next day and she asked me if I wanted to join.
Unfortunately I was leaving the day after.
So basically what they were going to do there was to spend the day with the children and paint the walls.

She also said they'd go to Vukovar. Vukovar is a city that got totally destroyed in the war back in Jugoslavia. They'd go there and talk to people who had to go through the war and what it meant to build up everything again.
They'd also go to a hospital and spend the day with the people there.

These kids chose to come to Croatia to help people, make their day better and make them happy.
They don't get money for this.

In the end the boy told me that this probably would've been the best holidays he has ever had.
He said to see people smile because of yourself, because you made them happy, is the best thing and the best feeling in the world.
He knows that he can't make their life better but at least their day.

I had tears in my eyes for the whole night because I was amazed and proud to have met people like them.
To see people spreading love and happiness.
They definitely changed my way of looking at this world and my way of thinking about everything.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen