Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2014

Exploring the world - My trip to Belgium



Last year I got the ability to drive to Brussels, the capital city of Belgium.
My first impressions would have been...probably amazed by the beauty of it.
We only stayed there over the weekend but I loved it from what I got to see.




What I enjoyed so much about this city were the old buildings. I loved the fact that they had this old style but still were in a good condition.

I love cities with smaller side streets.
Brussels was full of them and you could find little cafes or boutiques.

This is probably one of my favourites pictures.
As soon as you get closer to the center of Brussels you will also get closer to the music of the city.

I've never seen so many and so different musicians on the streets as I saw on my trip to Brussels.

You could listen to them all day, there was always someone playing his instrument.
Whether a double bass, a self-made violin or even self-made instruments where nobody could tell what they were meant to be.

One thing I soon recognized was that the city was full of tourists. This was one thing that I personally didn't enjoy. It may sound weird but to me, the city didn't feel 'real' ...of course it's because I spent most of my time in the center.
Anyway, after walking around and listening to these musicians, I found this:




The Belgian waffles.

Belgium is well-
known for their food.
You could buy french fries,
waffles and chocolate everywhere.
So I tried one of these waffles.
I tried one without anything so I just had the waffle and I thought it tasted okay...I expected more since they got so hyped but oh well.
In the end I had a great weekend and I would totally recommend a trip to this beautiful city. (:

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen